When a buyer starts their home search, they look at the price, bedroom count, photos, location, commute, and always the property taxes. If the taxes are too high, they will eliminate that house from their search, so it’s fair to say that property taxes are a vital component in the decision to purchase a property. If you are a current or future homeowner, you don’t want to miss this episode.
This week I’m joined by Rich O’Donnell, my go-to property tax expert. Rich is a retired tax assessor with 28 years of local government service in Westchester, making him the best person possible to help clients navigate the tax appeals process. He is uniquely qualified to help property owners seek the maximum reduction possible, and also offer tax due diligence to help clients navigate the tax appeals process.
In this episode, Rich shares an overview of the process for a tax grievance to reduce an assessment, as well as his advice for working through this process. He helps you understand your property taxes, whether or not you have the opportunity to grieve the assessment and value your local municipality places on your property, and he highlights some things to consider when attempting to reduce your property taxes.
If you enjoyed today’s show, I would really appreciate it if you would leave a rating and review to let me know and help others find Your Real Estate Connection in Westchester. Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to subscribe, rate, and review!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Why taxes can be considered an important alternative to private school in the communities I work in.
- The role that taxes play in a buyer’s decision to proceed with a property.
- How to navigate the process of reducing your property taxes if you believe your tax bill is too high.
- When you can begin a grievance process in Northern Westchester.
- The biggest misconception about somebody doing a tax grievance.
- Rich’s advice for anyone planning improvements on their property.
- How Rich and his team guide clients through a complex and confusing system.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you enjoyed today’s show, I would really appreciate it if you would leave a rating and review to let me know and help others find Your Real Estate Connection in Westchester. Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to subscribe, rate, and review!
- Rich O’Donnell: Website | Email | 914-779-4444