The fall is beyond beautiful in Northern Westchester, and there are several events that everybody who lives here looks forward to, one of them being the annual Armonk Outdoor Art Show. In 1961, the friends of the North Castle Public Library decided to try an outdoor art exhibition as a way to raise funds for the library. With just a handful of artists showing their work on the lawn of the Armonk Methodist Church, the Armonk Outdoor Art Show was born.
When art show volunteers set up for the first time on the lawn of the Armonk Methodist Church in 1961, they could not have possibly envisioned the 9000 visitors that would one day flock to the location each year. 2022 marks the incredible milestone of 6 decades of the show, and 60 years later, the show continues to offer the perfect community activity to enjoy on a fall day. This week, I’m welcoming Managing Director Nicole Blum to the podcast, who joins me to share more about the show.
On October 1st and 2nd, 2022, thousands of art lovers will come from near and far to see an ever-changing display of paintings, photography, sculptures, jewelry, and more. Join us this week to hear how this celebration of fine arts and crafts has grown to be one of the nation’s most highly-rated art shows, what goes on behind the scenes to plan such a wonderful annual event, and all the details you need to know about this year’s event.
If you enjoyed today’s show, I would really appreciate it if you would leave a rating and review to let me know and help others find Your Real Estate Connection in Westchester. Click here
for step-by-step instructions on how to subscribe, rate, and review!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode
- Some of the exciting changes to this year’s show.
- Why the Armonk Outdoor Art Show is such a wonderful community activity for all ages?
- Where the show’s profits go each year and how the annual outdoor art show was formed.
- Some more information about the show’s history.
Listen to the Full Episode
Featured on the Show
- If you enjoyed today’s show, I would really appreciate it if you would leave a rating and review to let me know and help others find Your Real Estate Connection in Westchester. Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to subscribe, rate, and review!
- The Armonk Outdoor Art Show