As the Farm-to-Table movement has grown, so too has the impact and popularity of farmers' markets. Farmers’ markets used to be a place to simply buy fresh produce, but nowadays, they are an entire experience filled with good food, good music, and good vibes, offering members of the community a chance to get away from screens, connect with others, and relax for a little while.
This week I welcome Pascale Le Draoulec, Director of Morning Glory Markets, a group of highly curated farmers’ markets in Westchester and New York City that brings the farm to the community. Morning Glory Markets bring together the rural farmer, city shopper, suburban family, and young entrepreneur, creating intentional spaces where people from different paths converge around a shared conviction in high-quality food that is good for us and the planet.
We are so lucky that local entrepreneurs continue to offer their services that flourish and enhance our daily experiences here in Westchester, and having a local entrepreneur like Pascale truly is a gift to the community. In this episode, hear more about how farmers’ markets not only benefit the community experience but strengthen the regional food system and local economy, Pascale’s driving philosophy about farmers’ markets in general, and why they are such wonderful events that are so important for the community.
If you enjoyed today’s show, I would really appreciate it if you would leave a rating and review to let me know and help others find Your Real Estate Connection in Westchester. Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to subscribe, rate, and review!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Why farmers’ markets are so much more than just a place to shop.
- The importance of farmers’ markets in the community.
- Where the idea for Morning Glory Markets came from and how Pascale turned them into what they are today.
- The incredible amount of planning that goes into Pascale’s events.
- How Pascale decides who will present at her farmers’ markets.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you enjoyed today’s show, I would really appreciate it if you would leave a rating and review to let me know and help others find Your Real Estate Connection in Westchester. Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to subscribe, rate, and review!
- Contact me: [email protected]
- American Pie: Slices of Life (and Pie) from America's Back Roads by Pascale Le Draoulec
- LMNOP Bakery Katonah
- Morning Glory Markets